- Overall successful
- Failure for both the parties
- Failure for one of the parties e.g Nhava Sheva Port in Mumbai and NOIDA DND Toll road
|PPP is a popular model of governance all over the world|
- Blame game between Government and private partner on delays on land acquisition etc. and interpretation of clauses in concession agreement.
- Requests by private partner for frequent increase in user charges or seeking compensation on unforseen escalation of costs.
- No institutionalised mechanism (at least, hither to) for mid term correction in concession agreement.
- Deficit in infrastructure
- Inefficient service delivery
- Unprofessional approach.
|This was the status of PPP procurement timelines in 2013 at the global level.|
(The creative inputs are given by Ambuj Saxena, co-founder of www.bnbnation.com)